12 June 2012

Pear, Chardonnay & Polenta Cake

4 eggs
380g sugar

250ml oil
250ml chardonnay (or any white wine really)

300g plain flour
2 1/2tsp baking powder
120g polenta

tinned pears (you can use tinned apples if you don't like pear, or both!)
frozen raspberries
  • Cream the eggs and sugar
  • add the oil slowly (like you're making mayonnaise! I know I say this heaps but I truly believe it makes all the difference)
  • mix in the chardonnay
  • fold through flour, baking powder & polenta
  • space out some sliced tinned pears (or apple) on the bottom of a lined cake tin. sprinkle some raspberries.
  • pour half the batter
  • add some more pears and raspberries
  • pour the rest of the mixture in the tin
  • bake it till a skewer comes out clean. Don't ask how hot or how long, I have no idea.
  • Good luck suckers!
Make a glaze for the top of the cake by melting some jam and a small amount of water in a saucepan. and pour over the top. (when i say small I mean small, like 1-4 tablespoons of water, it depends on the jam) Garnish with some raspberries and you have a bangin' looking cake that tastes bloody amazing!

Polenta cakes are my favourite kind of cake, so moist and the texture is soft yet so fluffy soft (that totally makes sense, god I'm a dill), point being it's delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment